The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

My washer dryer does not go into high spin?

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 2 years ago.
Hi to you from David, 'The
Famous Forry' What is the full model detail please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HNWF7148-80
N310015120805 4343
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I take there is no answer as yet for this problem?
There is always an answer. Why did you change brushes, leads and pcb. Were you just guessing or did they relly need changing
If you wiring is all good and correct then you need to look at the pump. Assuming this works ok then it really only leaves the motor.
Experience: I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pump works it does pump out While washingThe motor spins on the washing proces?The only problem at the end of the washing proces it does no go on the high spin and it finishes with leaving whet clothes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You replied
Sunday, January 01, 2012 12:12 PM EST
Well considering the fact that you have changed Wiring,Brushes,PCB and the pump works ok, it does not leave very much else in the way of components. The motor may be at fault but are you sure you have it all wired correctly and that you have looked at all connections to all components.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Everything is plugged In places.
All connections to all components are connected .
What else could be what ever changes speeds and passes to the motor could that be?
If the pump is nacked or the motor nacked could that be.
What concerns me is it washes throught out and at the end it just not take hight or slow spin?
The motor has had only brushes changed and the block leads re-placed?
The motor speeds are controlled via the pcb (Module). The module directly determines the motor speeds. You say you have changed this so it only really leaves a faulty motor , poor wiring connection or incorrect fitting or even a faulty new part!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What sort of multi metre reading on the block conector where links to the motor should u get when the machine is been put on the hight spin .
I would suggest you speak to Hoover technical for this sort of information.
http://www.hoover.co.uk/ Here is the link to Hoover UK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello itsm me again I changed the motor on the Hoover washer dryer I am still not managing to make the machine to into the high spin. What's your help this time thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello its me again I changed the motor on the Hoover washer dryer I am still not managing to make the machine to into the high spin. What's your help this time thanks.