The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980

i have a wm52 and when it is filling it sounds like the valve

i have a wm52 and when it is filling it sounds like the valve is chattering. it is making the water pipes in the house knock as the water is being turned on and off quickly.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 2 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'

The Famous Forry :

If this has only recently started happening then I would replace the valve/solenoid on your washing machine. If it has always happened then your water pipes want securing to stop the rattling. It may be a good idea to change solenoid and secure pipes. Solenoids are widely available and only cost about £10. Happy New Year regards David, 'The Famous Forry'

Customer:

the valve/solenoid? do you mean the cold water fill valve this has already been changed and in regards XXXXX XXXXX pipes its not that they aren't secured it that the water is being turned of and on quickly and no emount of securing will cure this. it is more of a vibration from the pressure of the water valve opening and closing.

The Famous Forry :

Ok then this is clearly a machine fault . I just wanted to confirm the other pointers firstly

Customer:

yes is a good one

The Famous Forry :

This may well be the PCB on your machine but I would first check the pressure switch device for correct operation next. Do you know where to find this?

Customer:

i changed the timer when the door swich blew this is when it all started

The Famous Forry :

Check pressure switch. Are you sure the timer is wired correctly!!

Customer:

i have seen the pressure swich whats the best way to test it?

Customer:

positivly

The Famous Forry :

Blow through the nipple and see if it clicks and holds the pressure in untill you release the air from it. Check small capillary tube has no small holes!

Customer:

ok i'll do this and let you know

The Famous Forry :

Best of luck. I will look for your findings regards David.

Experience: I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980