The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

I have just turned on a new Miele KM 6350 Induction Hob for

I have just turned on a new Miele KM 6350 Induction Hob for the first time and it has come up with a flashing fault code FE 31. I have turned it off at the mains and back on again but the code has re-appeared. Miele don't list this code on their help site so do you know what fault this code stands for.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 5 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'

The Famous Forry :

Just a thought, are you using the correct ironware!!

The Famous Forry :

Hi again, after further investigation the fault is that your main circuit breaker fuse has tripped. This fault stays even when the breaker has tripped out. Re-set your circuit breaker and providing there is no fault causing it to trip again you will be in working order

The Famous Forry :

Please click the ACCEPT tab for my answer and happy NEW YEAR to you and all from David 'The Famous Forry'

The Famous Forry :

Bonuses always welcome.

Customer:

We are still on old fashioned fuses here so there is no circuit braker to trip out.

Customer:

Fuse is OK but fault code is still there

The Famous Forry :

Error FE 31 is in the Miele handbook of Circuit breaker fuse or any other fuse problem from your mains supply. Do you have the correct wiring in position fopr your wattage useage. Correct size cable,fuse size etc. If answer is yes to the above then I suggest you RETURN your product to your supplier for new working product.

Customer:

I have now found out the problem. This Hob can be connected 3 phase or Single phase and as we are on single phase it has to have 2 links inserted to connect the other 2 phase inputs on the Hob. 1 of these links was not making a contact so it was not being correctly powered up on all 3 inputs. So you were right it was a supply fault but just one that was not particularly obvious until I inspected the connections at the Hob end.You might want to make a note of this one for future reference. Thanks for getting me thinking down the right track. David