Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

bosch dishwasher wont fill for rinse cycle. it will do the

Customer Question

bosch dishwasher wont fill for rinse cycle. it will do the pre rinse and wash cycles but seems to not fill for rinse cycle i got the sides off and can see it fill for the first 2 but just hums and i can hear a pump going when its supposed to do the rinse.
this same noise keeps going constantly and it wont end just counts down to then sits on 1 in the display
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Did you clean out the hose from the pressure chamber (where the float is) to the circulation pump on the front?

If not, empty the water out inside the machine.

Take the hose off and clean it out.

Ensure the larger tank on the left side has no blockages either.

Check for any leaks into the base, watch to see if the red lever is up activating the switch or if the red float is up, activating the switch.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
pipe clear i can see the water go down it on fill for wash cycle but nothing happens on rinse
red float is clean and moves up as water level on wash cycle fills
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, something is making the pump run all the time so at some point the switch has to be activated.

Watch the machine.

What exactly happens when you only get the pump running?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
red float is down the black plastic bit is not touching the microswitch during the rinse cycle no water is flowing that i can see on the left side.
model is slimline SRS45E22GB/01
if i open door and add water manually then close door program will complete
certain no water goes in on rinse cycle, soap sud bubbbles still in bottom when you open door
does it have a seperate solonoid for rinse cycle? if so where do i find it ?
lookslike 2 soledoids at bottom left of sidetank thing left of the float assembly
i have a multimeter to test if needed
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

No separate valve.

The inlet valve is at the rear.

The other valves are for the regeneration.

The blue bar on the pressure chamber is the level switch.

If it thinks it's still full of water it would suggest this switch is at fault.

When it stops and pumps with no water, is the blue bar activating the switch?

If not, when the pump is running, press the switch and release it a couple of times.

What happens?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
re ran it
the blue bar doesnt seem to move much at all on its own
i tested the micro switch and its normally open and closes when blue bar is moved manually
the pump i can hear running is the circulation pump on the bottom right of the machine
not sure if the outlet pump is running as well as its right underneath.
no water is going in past the diaphragm assembly on final rinse cycle
i can clearly see it go in on pre rinse and wash cycles
it does pre rinse then a short rinse (water level doesnt reach max for this second rinse)
then wash cycle then it pumps out and doesnt refill for the final rinse
for the first rinse and the wash cycle the float rises about 12 mm and starts to lift the black lever against the micro switch.
the other micro switch looks to be slightly pressed by blue lever on the diaphragm at this point.
on final rinse cycle neither microswitch is activated i even tried disconnecting the wires to the diaphram switch at this time (no change )
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

The blue bar should come out and activate the switch when it fills with water.

If it doesn't, there's something wrong in your pressure chamber.

The switch the blue bar operates is the level switch.

Unfortunately, as you've cleaned out the chamber and hose there's no logical reason for the fault you have, other than a fault in the pressure chamber.

I'll opt out of the question and open it to all again.

I'm going offline now.

Sorry