Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a Hotpoint BFI620 dishwasher. The first LED is flashing.

I have a Hotpoint BFI620 dishwasher. The first LED is flashing. Turn it off then back on again and flashing stops. Re run the cycle, it starts up and seems okay but no water in the system. Open the door and led is flashing again. I discovered yeresday that the lower spinning arm had unscrewed itself . Can't be a coincidence?
Any help hugely appreciated.

Ok light 1 flashing is an overflow in the base error code.

What you need to do for this is either pull the machine out and tip it 45 degs backwards. This will drain the water from the base and the antiflood will reset itself.

Or as its built in take off the 2 plastic covers at the bottom under the door and use a sponge to soak the water up.

Once its clear retry the machine and see how it goes from there.

If it does it again then there is a leak. What you need to do for this is pull the machine out and take off the side panels and the back cover. From there run the machine and see if you can locate the leak from it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I have never used this service before, so I hope it works. If so, you have saved me some money.

many thanks,

No worries if you need anymore info when you check it out just get back to me.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It works. No more washing up.

Thank you very much.

Glad to hear you got it up and running again.

And thanks for letting me know how it went.