The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980

bosch classix 1440 spin troubleshooting: The drum turns slowly

bosch classix 1440 spin troubleshooting: The drum turns slowly during a wash but does not spin, it makes clicking noises and a metallic buzz instead of spinning. Is it an expensive job or worth replacing, the machine is over 7 yrs old in a hard water area? Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 2 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'

Customer:

Hi

The Famous Forry :

This may or may not be expensive. It sounds like your motor brushes are just worn and if so this is not expensive at all. You can buy new brushes and fit yourself for less than £20. possibly themotor is no good but I would favour just the brushes in this case. 7 years for a Bosch is not old! If you would like more assistance to carry out this repair I will be right here for you regards David. 'The Famous Forry' *****Xmas Gretings to you and your family*****.

Customer:

Wow, that's good news. Can a not very handy man who always wants to get a tech in do it? He's a bit grumpy?

Customer:

Is there a step by step guide somewhere on the tinternet you know of please :-)

The Famous Forry :

Yes I'm sure with your encouragement you ca get him to do it!

The Famous Forry :

I am not sure there is but I can help you

Customer:

Can a hXXXXX XXXXXttle woman do it then? With your expert advice?

The Famous Forry :

What location are you?

The Famous Forry :

Sure!

Customer:

Sixpenny Handley, Dorset/wiltshire

The Famous Forry :

It can knock your delicate hands up though

The Famous Forry :

Ok to far for me....Midlands

The Famous Forry :

I can assist you and maybe you will wear gloves

Customer:

Yep, agree there. What advice would you give for this then. I can get gloves :-)

The Famous Forry :

Are you ready t Start?

Customer:

No will have to get brushes. Not done this 'just answer thing before' not sure how it all works!

The Famous Forry :

Ok you can come back here and try and catch me online and we will go through it together. You will need tools such as screw drivers, Philips, Fat Blade, Star socket, Socket Wrench and some spanners

The Famous Forry :

Thats Flat Blade by the way!

The Famous Forry :

You only get brushes once you have removed the motor and confirmed it is the brushes. Then you can order online and have them sent or collet locally.

Customer:

Right...

Customer:

just thinking...

The Famous Forry :

Do you still require me or have you finished for now?

Customer:

finished for now thanks very helpful. will look you up soon! Happy christmas to you and yours :-)

The Famous Forry :

*****Christmas Greetings to you an your family*****

The Famous Forry :

Thankyou for using The Famous Forry and I will look for your return.

Experience: I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980