Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

the red light on my servis fridge/freezer is flashing iv checked

the red light on my servis fridge/freezer is flashing iv checked the freezer and its not defrosting the fridge seems fine too. help iv just filled it up with christmas food if you need to email me itsXXX@XXXXXX.XXX thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the model number of the appliance please?

It will be on a label inside the fridge.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
XXXXXXXXXXXNNN-NN-NNNN03 01
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, the model number begins with M

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
M0262S
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

The red light indicates the temperature in the freezer is too warm.

When you checked it, did you use a thermometer?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO IV JUST FILLED IT DO YOU THINK THERE IS TOO MUCH IN IT

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

No, I think the temperature may have increased to the point it brings the light on.

According to the user manual, you should have a fast freeze switch.

(The snowflake symbol).

Press this and see if the temperature goes down again and the light goes off.

It will take a while though.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok have pressed this, how long will i wait before contacting you again?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

It should cool down sufficiently within the hour.

Hopefully, by then the red light will be out again.

Do check that the freezer and fridge doors are closing properly too.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
light still flashing will i leave it a bit longer
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, recheck the temperature inside the freezer and the fridge.

Check the doors (as before).

If the temperatures are both ok and the doors are ok, it would suggest a problem with the main control board and/or the temperature sensors.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what does that mean then
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

If the temperature inside both compartments are correct and if the doors are closing properly and aren't at an angle, it only leaves the sensors and the main control board as the source of the problem.

You would need to obtain and replace them (if still available, Servis went bust in 2008)

Check the doors.

Lift the fridge door a little, does the light go off?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it doesnt go off when i lift the door, should i turn off the defrost button or leave it till its fully defrosted im not sure if the light goes off automatically when its completed defrosting would you be able to tell me that
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

It's not a defrost button, it's a fast freeze button.

If the temperatures inside the freezer and fridge are correct, turn it off as it will just make it colder inside the appliance.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok have turned it off, will i just have to wait and see if the temperature falls inside now
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

If the temperature rises (gets warmer inside) check inside the freezer for a build up of ice on the rear wall.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
light stopped flashing hooray! thanks for your help
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know how it went.

Took longer than I expected though.

However, as long as it's off the temperature is now back where it should be so it's likely it was adding the food to it that caused the light to flash.

Good luck with the appliance.

Hope this helped

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.