The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

my beko wme7247w washing maching keeos refilling with water

my beko wme7247w washing maching keeos refilling with water after the spin cycle has finished, thus not completing the cycle
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 2 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Hi there from David, 'The Famous Forry'

The Famous Forry :

I have some help for you when your next on-line

Customer:

it seems that the wash cycle isnt even progressing through a whole wash cycle. it three quarter fills with water and after 4 mins drains, refills again and then the programe in the display says 'end'. i am having to turn the tap off after a drain simply so the machine doesnt refill with water again. then im having to choose the spin and drain cycle with the tap off (otherwise after a drain it just proceeds to fill with water again even though there should be no water on a spin and drain programme)

The Famous Forry :

Hi again, This sounds like a pressure switch problem. Do you know what a pressure switch is. Also where does the empty pipe go to?

Customer:

yes i look at the pressure switch there appears to be no pysical signs of damage to any of it (ie the conenction, the pipe etc) it looks in very good condition under the hood. the machine itself is only approx 2.5y old if that. the empty pipe to the main outside drain as i have a utility room for my washing room which is an outbuilding. the main drain is next to the washing machine

The Famous Forry :

Back to the pressure switch. Can you remove the small capillary pipe and blow donw it to ensure it is clear. Very important this pipe has no blockages. A mouthfull of hot water blown down it helps clear sludge from the lower end. Not pleasent but eliminates blockages in the pipe. Then blow nipple on switch to see if you get a resounding click. If yes to all this pressure switch is eliminated from enquiry, providing of course it has no holes on the small capillary pipe.

Customer:

hi again

Customer:

i did all of the above and there seems to be no blockage in the capillary pipe. i blew half a cup of hot water down it and also blew smoke down it to see if there is a hole but there was no smoke leaking from the pipe it went straight down into the drum. could also heat a click when blowing the nipple on the pressure switch.

Customer:

after having done that i tried another cycle and the same this is occurring. it fills, washes for 4 mins and then drains but as it is draning still water is filling the drum

The Famous Forry :

Ok Thanks for that and well done by the way. Is your machine a digitally set programme or a manual dial that you turn?

Customer:

it has digital settings but you choose each setting by turning a dial. each time you turn the dial it tells you on digital display how many degrees the wash is and how many minutes the cycle is

The Famous Forry :

Ok Thanks for that. I would assume from what we have done so far that this is an electronic blip. Sometimes it is remedied by carefully removing electronic cards, wiping with anti static cloth, checking connections and simply replacing. The success rate at doing this is about 25% so worth a shot. I would attemp to check all connections to anything you can get at and then retry. Failing this it is the control card that would require changing. I can help find this for you with best prices if required. I will be back from my lunch at about 3pm so have a good look around at the connections and let me know how you got on. Please click the Accept tab for my help and merry christmas to you and your family. I will look for your response on return regards David, 'The Famous Forry'

Customer:

ok great i will try the connections - if you could find prices for a control card for me should checking the connections fails, that would be most handy. thanks

The Famous Forry :

I will certainly do that. Back around 1 hour or so from now

Experience: I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980