The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

indesit condenser tumble dryer is tripping the electric

The Famous Forry :

Hi there from David, 'The Famous Forry'

The Famous Forry :

Hi your problem is most likely to be the element. I can talk you through removing and checking and then replacing

Customer:

ok, but im not brilliant at diy so bear with me please

The Famous Forry :

Ok I will. Are you ready to begin?

Customer:

yes

The Famous Forry :

Ok. Remove the plug and double check you have isolated your appliance from the ELECTRIC supply.

Customer:

done, the dryer is sitting in middle of kitchen and not plugged in to the mains.

The Famous Forry :

Excellent

The Famous Forry :

Ok do you have a few tools, philips screwdriver, various sizes

Customer:

yes

The Famous Forry :

Please remove the screws from the back panel and bunch in piles of where you unscrew from. First pile will be back panel etc etc. If you have a digi cam to post pics to me of your progress this would be of GREAT help

Customer:

this might seem like a daft question but the back panel seems to have another panel attached to it and the top of the dryer is also screwed to the panel, do i take it all off or just the screws around the side of the back panel

The Famous Forry :

Yes you take off the small panel attached to the big panel, screws seperate, then the lid and then picture if you can please

Customer:

I cant gethe panel off, the smaller panel also wont come of, there is a small clip attached to it on the left that seems to stop it coming off. The big panel wont come past the bottom attachment with the hoses, again i cant seem to find a clip etc to get it removed and the big screw in the middle is more like a nut

The Famous Forry :

The rounded metal panel is the one you need off as this is where the element is. This definately comes off. How many screws can you not get out?

Customer:

i have every screw for the rounded panel out and its still stuck fast, ive tried to run a flat screw driver around to loosen it but nothing. The only screw i cant get out is the big round nut type on the back panel just above the rounded panel

The Famous Forry :

No just the smaller curved panel right now

The Famous Forry :

If all screws are out it should come off?

The Famous Forry :

On the picture I can see you have missed a couple of star shaped screw. Please remove these and it will come off

Customer:

ok will have another go...lol its like its glued on

Customer:

i have already removed them

Customer:

the 2 small ones

The Famous Forry :

OK

The Famous Forry :

I am on my break till 3.15 now so get this panel off and you will see the element and thermostats. Take some pictures and post on here so I can see them. Be carfull not to touch the element as they are very delicate wave gaurd card and brake easilly , if it is not already broke! Speak soon. You can carefully vac out as much fluff as you can also.

Customer:

i got it with a bit brut force, some water was in it and have taken some pics....enjoy your break x

Full Size Image
Full Size Image
Full Size Image

Customer:

can you see the element enough in the pics?

The Famous Forry :

Hi sorry I dd not get back when planned , Daughter in law just gave birth ......at Last!!!!!. Will continue tomorrow or when you can get back.

Customer:

Congratulations, we can continue tomorrow, enjoy the rest of your night xx

The Famous Forry :

Ok . I'm back to help you.

Customer:

im ready

The Famous Forry :

Hi from David 'The Famous Forry'

The Famous Forry :

Do you have a multi meter?

The Famous Forry :

The element looks OK. Did you say that water was inside the casing when you opened it? What I would like you to do is blow dry all around the heater area with a hair dryer and ensue there is no moisture around. Then once your satisfied all is dry, re-assemble and switch on to see if problem is cured. This may havejust been the damp causing it to trip. I have to go out again now but hopefully for not to long. I will look to see how the re-assembly went and if it is working or not. Back soon regards David. 'The Famous Forry'

Customer:

I dont have a multi meter. I will blow dry and then reassemble and fingers crossed as my washing is pilling up :)

The Famous Forry :

OK I will look for you as soon as I get back. Great working with you. Thankyou regards XXXXX XXXXX for the pictures. A great help.

Customer:

all assembled and its working so far, i have put a few light things in to see how it goes, there is a very slight burning smell when it first went on, i will keep an eye on it and hopefully thats it fixed. Thanks very much x