The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

smeg dishwasher STX2-3; the LCD display is not working and

Customer Question

smeg dishwasher STX2-3; the LCD display is not working and I cannot get the dishwasher to work, even though the cycle selector beeps. What parts do I need and where can I get them for this model?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  JCCARVER replied 5 years ago.

Hello thank you for using Just Answer I am Jamie and I will be helping you today!!

If the circuit board in the control panel malfunctions, the dishwasher may stop in the middle of a dishwashing cycle. Reset your Smeg dishwasher to have it working again as soon as possible.

Open the dishwasher door and quickly close it. Make sure that the door latches properly; you should hear a soft "click" as the latch engages.

Locate the "On/Off" button on the left side of the dishwasher control panel. Press and release the "On/Off" button to turn the appliance off. Press and release the "On/Off" button a second time to turn the dishwasher back on; the "Power On" indicator light above the "On/Off" button will illuminate when the appliance is on.

Select and run a dishwashing cycle to ensure that the dishwasher control board has been reset successfully. Press the appropriate "Program" button to the right of the "On/Off" button; the LED lights above the five programming buttons will indicate which program has been selected. Press and release the "Start/Stop" button to start the selected dishwashing cycle.

If this doesn't help you will need to replace the circuit board

Please hit GREEN ACCEPT button so I get paid for my time! Also positive feedback and a BONUS is greatly appreciated! Thank you Jamie B.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks but, I had asked in my original question "What parts do I need and where can I get them for this model?" I need an online store for this please.
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 4 years ago.

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry'

I will look for you now and come back to you with my findings within 10 mins. Thankyou.http://www.buyspares.co.uk/smeg/dishwasher/ukstx1/catalogue.pl?shop=smeg&path=110813&model_ref=259699&illustration_ref=100102 Above is a link to order the PCB or any other ppart that you may require for your appliance, regards David 'The Famous Forry'

Experience: I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980