The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

Creda excel 1200 will not finish cycle or spin

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 2 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Hi to you from David, 'The Famous Forry' Please first check if the drum has emptied of water.

Customer:

Drum is empty machine will not run cycle when programmed appears to stick and will only progress when assisted

The Famous Forry :

Will the machine fill up

Customer:

yes

The Famous Forry :

Will machine empty

Customer:

yes

The Famous Forry :

Will the machine spin

Customer:

no

The Famous Forry :

Will the machine rotate on wash when full of water and clothes

Customer:

no

The Famous Forry :

Is the belt on your machine intact

Customer:

will need to inspect

The Famous Forry :

OK I will wait for you, Remove the plug!!!

Customer:

cheers

The Famous Forry :

Have you checked belt yet?

Customer:

belt ok

The Famous Forry :

Ok Your fault will be in the motor. Is the motor at the top of the machine under the led?

Customer:

The motor that runs the belt or the program

The Famous Forry :

The belt and turns the whole drum

Customer:

Its at the back of the machine

The Famous Forry :

Is the MOTOR on the top of the machine directly under the lid?

Customer:

yes

The Famous Forry :

It looks like an alternator from a car and the belt goes aroud the ribbed pulley

Customer:

yes at the rear of the machine near the top

The Famous Forry :

Ok you need to remove the motor. 13mm spanners and an 8 mm spanner for the earth wire

Customer:

R u saying that I probably need a new motor

The Famous Forry :

No it can be repaired.

The Famous Forry :

I can talk you through it if you waht to proceed

Customer:

by me or do I send it away.

Customer:

What I 'm getting at is how far do I go before I call out an expert

The Famous Forry :

I can talk you through the repair to do it your self. You will need a spare part thoug to complete the repair. What area do you live in?

Customer:

Chaldon Surrey.The machine is 11years old and I'm thinking it may be on its last legs anyway and this is just the start,what you think ?

The Famous Forry :

Well the part you need will cost about £12

The Famous Forry :

It is a case of repair or new I suppose. An engineer charges £50 plus to do this repair . As high as £95 in some cases.!

The Famous Forry :

Surrey is a little far for me! (Midlands)

Customer:

Do you think this will solve problems and if so could you describe what I need to do as I have to go to work soon.

The Famous Forry :

The repair will take 30 mins with the part to hand. Motor brushes and holders is what you need. You could take out old ones now and pick some new ones up on the way to work and complete when you get back.

Customer:

Can u explain how I remove brushes

The Famous Forry :

That is what they look like. There are 2. One each side of your motor. A flat bladed screwdriver is needed to press the tab up to enable the to slide out of the channel. Remove the one wire and out they will slide with a little push.

The Famous Forry :

Ther only £6 for the pair!

Customer:

and I guess that to fit is just the reverse

The Famous Forry :

Please click the ACCEPT tab for my help today and come back if you need to. Xmas wishes to you and your family.

The Famous Forry :

Yes just slide in and put on wire,

Customer:

many thanks

Experience: I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Have removed carbon brushes without removing motor, are the brushes you sent as an example right fro the creda 1200 excel.

Regards

Rob
Yes they will fit straight into your motor