The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

We have a new Power Clean Whirlpool dishwasher and it is leaving

We have a new Power Clean Whirlpool dishwasher and it is leaving stuff on the upper tray with dirt from other parts of the machine caked hard onto the items. What can we do? From our point of view, it is not doing what a dishwasher should do. We bought it from DID Clearwater Dublin recently. Harry
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 5 years ago.

The Famous Forry :

Hi From David 'The Famous forry'

The Famous Forry :

This is abrand new appliance or second hand?

The Famous Forry :

It sounds very much to me like the top spraying arm is not working. Can you confirm whether or not the top arm is rotating. To do this , set it onto a wash and then before the water gets hot, quickly pull the door ajar to see if thetop arm is rotating, being careful not to get splashed . Please then confirm to me the outcome of this easy test. Thanks regards David, 'The Famous Forry'

Customer:

Thank you David. You are correct. The upper spraying arm is not working even though it will move with a push of the hand. What will I do to fix it please. Harry

The Famous Forry :

I understand the bottom are is working ok?

Customer:

David. I forgot to say that it is a new machine. It should be covered by manufacturer but I would be glad if you can help. It takes so much to go to the dealer etc. Yes the bottom is turning.Harry

The Famous Forry :

I am not 100 % sure how the top arm clicks in on this model, but sometimes it is just a case of securing the arm back into place. It is only the jet of water that powers the arm into rotation, so it is most likely not in position correctly, more so if the lower arm works.

Customer:

The water supply to the top comes from the back. There are two possible heights with water supply to the top but the rack is supposed to block out the one not required. I have checked that the rack is pushed back but to me it is not adequate. Could there be a blanking piece that I never heard about? Harry

Customer:

David,

The Famous Forry :

Hi Harry the rack should fit snug to the blanking area. We now know it is only water pressure or lack of!

Customer:

David, Thank you. I am happy to say you have addressed the problem, so take a bow. I am not familiar with JustAnswer and I do not wish to close our line of communication until I have solved the problem, but you have put me on the right track even with a good splash of water into my face. Thank you I will go back and work on it but hope to talk to you further with updates or means to fix. Harry

The Famous Forry :

Please click the ACCEPT tab and bonuses are optional. Take care and thanks. Xmas wishes

The Famous Forry :

I will be here all day on and off Harry so leave this open as long as you like.David 'The Famous Forry'

Customer:

David,

Customer:

David, Thank you. I think the solution will come with your help. So I am clicking the Accept.Harry