Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

I have a Baumatic BDW14 dishwasher. It wont drain away all

I have a Baumatic BDW14 dishwasher. It wont drain away all the water and the error message code is E2. The manual says the cause is the drain pipe is placed too high when it
was installed, which seems strange when it's been working perfectly for a few years. Is there an easy fix?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

If you start a new programme, does the machine first of all pump all of the water out?

Check the drain hose where it connects to the house drains.

If it's onto a connection (normally under the sink), take the hose off and check both the hose and the connection for a blockage.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The machine didn't pump any of the water out when I started a program.....I then removed the waste hose from the main drainage outlet (under the sink)and found no blockage. However, when I lowered the hose below the floor level of the dishwasher gravity ran its course and the excess water drained away. I then tried running a program for a short while (with an empty machine)...not much happened apart from a strange
"scraping" noise. I wonder if a new pump is required?
Looking forward to your response....Gwynfor
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, You'll need to cancel the existing programme and start a new one.

Does the drain pump run first?

Does it fill with water?

(keep the drain hose raised at least 3/4 the height of the machine).

Aim the hose into a bucket and cancel the programme.

Does it empty the water?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Something runs for about a minute (I'm assuming it's the drain pump)
can't see what's happening (as it only operates when the door is closed)
Then when the water jets start, the machine starts to fill.
I soon cancelled the program and NO water drained away.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, unfortunately it's sounding like a faulty pump.

If the drain pump is running then it should pump out.

If the impellor is damaged, it won't pump.

You really need to be sure of what is running.

If it is the drain pump, then I'm afraid it sounds like you'll need to obtain and fit a new pump.

Sorry.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX like the drain pump is running (sounding a bit scratchy like a bicycle chain moving over cogs) and yet NO water is being drained away..so it does look like a new pump is required
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya

You're very welcome.

Good luck with the repair.

Hope this helped

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.