Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

I have a Creda Simplicity TCR2 condenser dryer. It has stopped

Customer Question

I have a Creda Simplicity TCR2 condenser dryer. It has stopped heating: the machine works as normal, but there is no heat on either setting (low or high), so clothes come out cold and still damp. I've cleaned all the filters and emptied the water container, and it's not overloaded (it doesn't matter how full it is). Is there a reset switch, or anything else I can do? Grateful for a rapid response if possible.

Thanks

XXXXX XXXXX
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Unplug the appliance.

Take the bulged cover on the rear off.

Take the heater assembly out.

Check the heater to see if it's failed.

If the heater itself is ok, check the thermostats.

One has a coloured dot on it, if it has a small hole on the rear, use a pin to gently reset it.

Reassemble the appliance and try it again.

If no hole, you need to test the thermostat using a multimeter.

If it's open circuit you'll need to replace the thermostats.

Also check the condenser and ducting , ensure they are clean and clear.

Check it out, see what you find.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for replying quickly. Could you please explain how I check the heater to see if it's failed, and could you please explain what open circuit means?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, you look at the heater.

If it's failed, you'll see the broken elements.

As to the open circuit, you obviously don't have a multimeter.

Without a multimeter, you can't test the thermostat.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I took off the cover, where there's a float which goes up and down, a small plastic reservoir (empty) and a small black electrical item (a couple of square inches) with a couple of wires attached. There's nothing on the black item to suggest what it is, and I couldn't see a way of opening it. There were no dots or little holes for pins, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at, or how I need to check it. Nothing appeared broken anyway.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, that's not the bulged panel on the rear.

That's the grey container at the bottom rear of the appliance.

Thanks