NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .

We have a Whirlpool AWZ 541 (UK app, installed 2000). Works

We have a Whirlpool AWZ 541 (UK app, installed 2000). Works perfectly but recently stopped heating up. In 10/07 I replaced the thermostat and was planning to do so again. However, suppliers either sell the thermostat on its own, or bundled with the heater but not the heater alone. What are the odds that, second time around with this fault, the heater has gone as well ? Is it advisable to replace the heater anyway as a pre-emptive measure ?

NeilWill :

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer! If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

NeilWill :

the heater may be bad and shorting out the thermostat. It sounds from here as if the both may be needed at this point. This is the reason they sell both together. Techs replace both of these at once.