Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

The door on my Beko WM6355W washing machine will not open.

The door on my Beko WM6355W washing machine will not open. Whats the cause and whats the remedy?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question do you still need help?

If so have you tried unplugging and leaving it for 10 minutes to see if this releases the door?

If not give the handle a bang with the side of your fist and see if this shocks the door into opening.

Let me know if this opens the door?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tried both methods the door still won't open
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Ok what you need to do is just make sure the water is out of the washer.

At the bototm right corner is the filter. Check this and make sure its clear.

If theres no water in there then what you need to do is pull the washer out and take off the top.

From there look down the inside of the washer on the right hand side. There you will see the door lock. Pokeing through this is the metal door pin.

Reach down in there and push the pin to the left and at the same time pull on the door handle and see if it opens this way.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Iv'e drained the water, cleaned the filter and removed the top but can't find a metal pin to open the door
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Can you see the door lock?

You may not see the pin but you need to reach down and try and feel it and push it to the left to see if the door will open.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Iv'e reached down and searched the door switch assembly area throughly several times but there is no evidence of a door opening pin either metal or plastic.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Ok if you cannot find it then there isnt much you can do other then break the door open.

Now you can either prise the door open from the right hand side of the door.

Or reach down and grap hold of the door lock and bend it up and down, Backwards and forwards untill the door lock breaks off the fixing screws then you can lift it off the door lock.

As its probely the door lock at fault here if the door isnt opening anway.