Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Cannon 10455G - I am replacing grill control switch and knob.

Customer Question

Cannon 10455G - I am replacing grill control switch and knob. Item supplied #C00241545 has 8 teminal original item #48ER101C1P has 10 terminals. are these items compatible? Which terminals need doubling up or removing?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

What is the make and model number of the original switch?

What are the connections marked on it?

What make is the new switch?

What are the connections marked on it?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Original Diamond H Controls Ltd #48ER101C1P 09/06C, connections P1, 2 (3 terminals); P2, S1 (4 terminals); S2 (3 terminals).

New Unit Ariston/Indesit/Scholtes 50 55073 010, connections P1 (2 Terminals), 2; P2, S2, 4a, S2, 4

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, Indesit/Ariston/Scholtes don't make regulators.

It will be Ego, Invensys or similar.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it has EGO marked on it.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

There should be terminals 4 and 4 a on the original regulator too.

They aren't on the list you posted.

Can you check again please?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is a 4A but it is a long way from any terminal. It is at the bottom. S2 and 4 are near bottom left. 3rd terminal there could be 4A but marking is a long way away in the centre bottom.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, this is rather confusing as the wiring diagram shows me that wires are connected to 4 and 4a.

If this isn't the case on your machine I'm afraid it's different to the diagrams.

Sorry

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do you account for the difference in the number of connections on the new unit which was supplied by Cannon.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

I don't account for them.

Some of the original wires will not be needed if the connections you gave me are correct.

Others, you need to use "piggyback" connectors or cut the amp tags off and fit new ones so you can fit everything on.

However, as I posted earlier, if the wiring diagram isn't what is wired on your machine it's not possible to advise on this remotely.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How can i get a copy of the wiring diagram?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Unfortunately you can't.

It's part of the service manual

If you can tell me exactly what you have attached to the original and where, I should be able to work out how to wire it to the new switch.

However, if what you have doesn't match the wiring diagram, then I can't help.

Sorry