Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi I have a Hotpoint HTV10S cooker hood. How do I replace the

Customer Question

Hi I have a Hotpoint HTV10S cooker hood. How do I replace the control panel fascia (Part No C00095184) ? Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

There isn't much instruction on this in the service manual, the service manual for the appliance states ;

1 The facia complete with control slides is removed by 'springing' 3 plastic clips attached to facia panel and located centre, right and left sides of facia, on reassembling ensure switch slides are correctly located.

These clips are on the inner part of the facia.

Take the filter and frame out and you should be able to see them.

Check it out, let me know what you find.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Fred

Thanks for your reply.

I have lowered the filter and frame.

There are 3 pairs of clips on inner side of facia located centre, right and left of facia.

Underneath the mettalic coating, the fascia and clips appear to be all white plastic.

I have managed to remove the facia by pulling strongly. In doing so, some of the clips have snapped.

Bit I can't install the new facia whatever I do. I am afraid that if I bang or push too hard I will break the clips.

What is the technique for installing the new facia ?

Please advise further.

Thanks.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

It should simply click into place.

As you press it in the clips should compress and then snap into place when the facia is fitted.

Sorry.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Fred

I have tried just pressing it in but that does not work.

Please make my query available to other experts who may have actually installed a new fascia.

Thanks

Malcolm

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

I will, but I have to point out that I've done several in my time.

That's why I have the service manual for them.

Hopefully someone else will be able to tell you something different that isn't in the service manual and has caused them problems in the past.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Fred

I hav'nt heard from any other experts yet.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

If no one has anything different to offer in the way of advice, you won't hear from them.

As no one has picked up the question it would suggest none of us have had a problem in replacing the panel in the past.

Sorry