Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Zanussi Electrolux washing machine model ZWF1421W will not

Zanussi Electrolux washing machine model ZWF1421W will not start.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Will the door lock?

Also if you set it to spin is there a humming noise comming from the bottom right corner?

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No the door will not lock. If set to spin there is no humming noise coming from bottom right corner.C
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Lets get the error code out of the washer.

To do this turn the dial to any cycle and let it light up.

Then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them held in and after a few seconds the lights will go out and the start light and the end light will be flashing.

You need to count the number of flashes from each light inbetween the pause and let me know. Start with the end ligth first.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done this and the lights did not go out and the start light just keeps on flashing . C
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Oktry this and see what happens.

Turn the dial to off.

Press and hold the start button and the button next to it

Keep them held in and turn the dial 1 click clockwise

Keep buttons in till the lights flash then let go.

Now turn the dial 9 more clicks clockwise

Now the end light and the start light will be flashing. Count the number of flashes from each of them and let me know.

Then turn the washer off then on then back off again.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Five flashes from end light and one from start light. C
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Ok thats E51 error code which is a motor triac error.

But if the motor is down to earth it can cause this fault. Take off the back panel and at the bottom you will see the motor. Take off the wiirng block on it and retry the washer and see if it starts to fill with water.

If it does then the motor will need to be replaced.

If still the same then its possible the control board is the problem here.

Regards

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.