NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .
25067054

We have a hotpoint future freezer model FZA84 It is about 5

We have a hotpoint future freezer model FZA84 It is about 5 years old. The light comes on and it gets cold but doesnt freeze. What could be the problem?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.
the most important and first thing that must be done, is to check the freon pressure in the sealed system. Unfortunately, by law a certified tech must be used to add freon to a refrigeration or freezer system. If you do not have the gauges to chek it your self you may need a hands on tech this time.
Usually these systems just need a little freon added to them. Only after the pressure is checked can you determine the next step towards checking other barts that may be failing.
Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

the most important and first thing that must be done, is to check the freon pressure in the sealed system. Unfortunately, by law a certified tech must be used to add freon to a refrigeration or freezer system. If you do not have the gauges to check it your self you may need a hands on tech this time.
Usually these systems just need a little freon added to them. Only after the pressure is checked can you determine the next step towards checking other parts that may be failing.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there anything else we can check before getting a technician in as we are trying to avoid paying over the top. How much should we expect to pay to have freon added to sealed system?
Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
Before you can start changing out thermostats or any other parts we need to rule out the system just needing a bit of a charge.

I do not live in the UK any longer, so I do know now days how much locally.
You will need to make a call and ask the local service the charge.
Service calls vary depending where you live.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I was'nt happy with your answer because basically you are telling us to get a trained plumber in which is what we were trying to avoid and you want us to pay £11 for nothing basically.

Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
A trained plumber can not check your Freon level.
You need a hands on appliance tech to first check the freon level before you spend money changing out parts. Unfortunately we can not be there in person to do this!