NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .
25067054

f 10 on condenser dryer

f 10 on condenser dryer
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.

NeilWill :

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer! If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

NeilWill :

F10 on what brand and, complete model number??

Customer:

hotpoint condenser CTD 80

NeilWill :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

NeilWill :

F10 probably means the thermostat has tripped. It's a common fault with these tumble dryers -know of some that have failed at least 4 occasions . I've discovered that it may be possible to fix it by resetting the thermostat:

Unplug the machine!
Remove the heater assembly (rear of the machine - two screws to remove the spindle cover then another half dozen screws and the heater assembly comes away).
Take out the heater - two screws hold it in.
At the top are two thermostats - a white one and a black one. The black one has a small hole in it and can be reset by pushing a pin into the hole until a 'click' noise is heard.
Reassemble, plug back in and test.
Note that even if this fixes the problem the unit will probably show F10 a few weeks later; I think it's just the way these machines are - a design fault.

If the above doesn't solve the problem then it may be worth buying replacement thermostats - a kit will include both the black and the white one and cost around £25.

NeilWill :

The pin in in the thermostat method may work

NeilWill :

I have to go to my appliance store right now. I'll be back on the system in half hour.

NeilWill :

Sorry

Customer:

thanks