Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

My Siemens Sikafrost Exklusiv 3T has stopped working after

Customer Question

My Siemens Sikafrost Exklusiv 3T has stopped working after it was accidentally left open for about ten hours. Since then it won't cool at all. What might the problem be and what can be done to fix it? Thanks!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?

It should be on a label inside the appliance.

This will enable me to look at the service information for your appliance.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey, it's KS35C00/02.
thanks
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

Which door was left open?

At the bottom rear is the compressor, a black pot.

Is this running?

If it is, is it very hot?

Is there any cooling in either compartment?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The main fridge compartment door was left open.

The way the appliance is positioned I can't actually get to the rear end to check the compressor, but the air that was coming up through the vents in the front of the fridge compartment was very hot while it was running. (I've just turned the whole thing off by turning the temperature controller to zero because I figured there was no point having it on).

No cooling in either compartment, the ice in the freezer is slowly melting.

cheers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(it was also making a lot of noise, which I guess might have been the compressor working overdrive?)
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay, having computer problems today.

Unfortunately, I need to know what is going on with the appliance.

You need to have it running.

You need to check the compressor

You need to check if it's cooling in any compartmen.

Sorry

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey,

I can't physically get to the compressor - the appliance is fitted into a wooden frame and it's impossible for me to get it out on my own.

When it was running previously there was no cooling in either compartment, in fact the fridge compartment seemed to be warming if anything.

I've now turned it on again after about 20-30 minutes off and there seems to be some signs of cooling, but it's impossible to say straight away.

That's all I can give you unfortunately, sorry about that.

cheers
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, in that case I'm unable to assist.

I can't do remote diagnosis on an appliance without full information.

I don't do guesses.

I'll opt out of your question and open it to all again.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's ok, thanks for your help anyway!