NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .
25067054

I have a Candy N1B frost free fridge freezer and the fridge

I have a Candy N1B frost free fridge freezer and the fridge part keep freezing up. I've turned the unit off and got rid of all the ice at the back of the wall, but now its switched back on its starting to freeze everything in the fridge again.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!
If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

This usually means that your defrost heater has a problem.
1.defrost thermostat
2.derost timer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So what does that mean? Are these situated somewhere out of sight, and could I replace them myself? i read that it may be the seal on the fridge door (i just noticed there is a bit of a rip in the seal)
Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
Is the rip in a spot that alows air to enter the fridge?
Freezer on top? Model number?
Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
Now that I am aware of that riped door seal, it may just be the problem!

In fridge freezers the fridge door is ripped or opened & closed much more often than the freezer resulting in more air changes. The magnetic door seal is there to form a vapor seal, to prevent air from entering the fridge.The door seal should be as airtight as possible. Get a clean cloth & rinse it out in warm water put some washing up liquid,undiluted, on the cloth & use it to clean both the door seal & the part of the cabinet that that it seals against. Hopefully this should solve your problem. You can test the efficiency of the seal by putting a cigarette paper eg "Rizzla" between the door seal & the cabinet. The paper should be difficult to remove with the door closed. You need to check the whole door in this way.