Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

BEKO wm6123W washing machine wont drain

Hi, I have a BEKO wm6123W washing machine. It wouldn't drain so I checked the drain pump and found it was damaged (coil blown). I replaced the drain pump with new one, but the machine still won't drain. I have checked the main circuit board for burns or damage and cannot see anything untoward. If we manually drain, the machine works fine. I have tried continuity testing the coil on the drain pump and am getting a resistance reading but not the usual 'beep'.  Thanks Lee
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Ok what you need to do is confirm you have 240v going to the pump when you set it to drain.

If you do have 240v then its a pump fault.

If you dont then the control board will be the problem as the pump gets its feed direct from the control board.

So if the old pump was burnt out then its proberly take 1 of the compoments out on the board so this will be why its not bringing the drain pump on.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for replying.

I put the washer on spin and drain, chucked some water in and turn it on. drum spins, I can hear the timer 'clicking' to initiate the vaious bits of the cycle, but, no 240v at terminals coming from main board.

How do I dentify which parts on main board I need to change or is this a complete main board change?

Thanks
Lee
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Im afraid its a compelete new control board unless you are good on electronics and can find the faulty part.

But thats something we dont go down to is compoment level. We just replace the control board.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks. I have looked around and can't seem to find the control board available anywhere. There are a couple of places with the picture but it seems to be out of stock. Can you recommend anywhere online where I can get the part?

Many thanks

Lee
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Ok just had a look around and ive found it on this site here.

Click here for the part.

Regards

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.