Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

the dishwasher has a puddle of water sitting in the bottom of the mach

the dishwasher has a puddle of water sitting in the bottom of the machine, and will not work at all, i don't think that the drain is blocked, i guess the pump is broken but it is only 2 years old and only used twice a week, please advise if there is a reset for the pump or the operating system
model ref ENR SE64M359GB/93 FD 8810 00305
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

If you start a new programme the first thing that should happen is the pump runs.

Do you hear it hum?

Did you check the drain hose and the connection it goes onto for a blockage?

Did you check the pump impellor inside the appliance to see if it's jammed?

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when i try to start any programme nothing happens... i don't think the drain is blocked - is the an interlock if there is water in the machine that would stop the system starting? can you tell me how to get at the pump impellar
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Yes, there is a door lock that prevents the mchine working when the door is open.

Take the filters out.

Remove the water from inside the machine manually.

Look into the sump bowl.

On the left side is a cover held by a single screw.

It's a torx screw so you need the correct tool.

Take the screw out.

Take the cover off.

Clean any debris around the impellor.

Turn the impellor manually to ensure it's not jammed.

Refit the cover and screw.

Refit the filters.

Try the machine again.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
dear XXXXX, the impellar was not moving freely, and having eased it the machine is working again this morning and for the time being, so thank you for your advice, bob
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for coming back and letting me know how it went.

Glad you got it sorted and working again.

Good luck with the appliance.

Hope this helped

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i clicked on accept answer first thing monday morning, has this not been registered, i don't want to be charged twice
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,

The system doesn't show an Accept.

I'll pass this to customer services, they'll be able to assist you on this.

Thanks