Thanks for that.
After that time the water should have been hot.
AL08 indicates a heating fault.
The service manual suggests the following.
Time out for water heating.
The module has not detected temperature increase in 60 minutes.
- Check that the thermistor is not detached from the inner door panel.
- The thermistor is out of calibration.
- The wash pump is not circulating the water.
- Check the element is heating, and the TOC is not opening after a time.
- If all above tests are OK replace module card.
In practise, it's normally either the heater or the main control board that is faulty.
If you are able to check and test the appliance, unplug it first.
You'll need to take the top and side panels off.
Check the heater, see if it's open circuit.
If it tests ok, the fault will most likely lie with the control board in the facia.
Sorry, not good news or an easy fix.
Check it out, see what you find.
If you are unable to check the items, give Hotpoint a call.
They have a range of fixed price repair schemes that all include parts and labour.
Hope this helps
Let me know how it goes