Drcool
Drcool, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i am an expert in the Home Appliance category in the US. been in the field for more than 12 years.
11923974

LG Fridge-Freezer GR-389SQF Keeps tripping my circuit board

Customer Question

LG Fridge-Freezer GR-389SQF
Keeps tripping my circuit board fuse is there a simple solution?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Drcool replied 5 years ago.

Drcool :

Hello, Usually, it would be a grounded compressor that can cause a unit to trip a house hold circuit breaker but who knows if it is really the compressor unless you remove the compressor from the circuit.

Drcool :

You can do that by un plugging the unit first, then look at the side of the compressor where the wires are attached, remove the all the wires but remember where you took them because you would return it in case it is not the compressor.

Drcool :

Now, once the wires are removed, taped all the ends with an electric tape, then plug the unit.

Drcool :

If the unit would no longer trip the house hold circuit breaker, then you have proven that it is the compressor was the one making it trip.

Drcool :

And sorry to tell that is it not a simple fix. You would have to call an engineer to replace the compressor and get a quotation first because it is a little bit expensive to replace one.

Customer :

Thanks for the reply but as I asked the question at 10pm and did not receive a reply until 9am the following day I looked for an alternative solution, not your fault the service was too slow and I was not informed there would be a delay

Drcool :

Oh. And so , what was found out on the unit? Was it a faulty compressor?

Customer :

After discussion with the other engineer on possibilities, call out charges, labour and cost of parts plus the fact the unit was 7 years old I decided to get a new fridge freezer from an online store

Drcool :

Oh. It could be more economical to just replace the unit because of the major issues it got right now. Specially if it is really the compressor. It is the most expensive part of the unit. As well as the cost of replacing it. Thank you very much for using Just Answer.