App King
App King,
19947765

My samsung side by side fridge freezer water dispenser is not

My samsung side by side fridge freezer water dispenser is not working. I replaced the filter and the water comes through that and I checked the line from the bottom of the door to the outlet and thats clear. There,s what I think is a double switch or a little pump or a water valve, it has one water line going to the ice and one going to the water dispenser and when
i press the water switch there is a noise from this. I think this part is the problem can anyone help. Fridge model no DA99-00494V
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  App King replied 3 years ago.

Robert :

Hello.

Robert :

I would look in the refrigerator compartment behind the meat and vegetable bins. There is a resevoir back there and it could be frozen up. If it is frozen, no water will come out of the line and you may have bigger problems than you are aware of. Locate that resevoir and check it out. Let me know what you find.

Customer:

I see that resevoir robert and there is some ice top left of it but how can I tell if it's frozen inside.?

Robert :

If there is ice on it then the line will be frozen.

Robert :

With the door to the refrigerator open, hold the door switch/button in and wait 1 full minute. Let me know if you hear the fan motor kick on in the refrigerator compartment. .

Customer:

Done that robert and no motor came on. Also stuck the hairdryer on the resevoir for a min and the water is working again. Whats the solution.

Robert :

If the fan motor is not running then you have one of two issues.

Robert :

1. The defrost drain is clogged and the ice build up is stopping the fan from turning.

Robert :

2. The fan stopped and air is not being pulled accross the coils.

Robert :

The only way to test and see if it is number 1 is to empty the whole unit, open the doors and unplug it for 24+ hours to let it defrost(which will also clear the defrost drain). Once defrosted you close the doors and plug it back in. Wait 3 minutes(for proper computer startup) and then open the door and do the switch thing again and listen for the motor. If the motor does not come on, it will need to be replaced.

Customer:

Thanks for your help robert. I'll do that. Vinny.

Robert :

No problem.

App King,
Experience: