Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

Hotpoint AQXXF 149 PM washing m/c stopped mid-cycle Flashing

Hotpoint AQXXF 149 PM washing m/c stopped mid-cycle Flashing error code F-05. Please advise

XXXXX XXXXX
Rook House
Dartmouth, UK
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

F05 indicates the pressure switch is stuck on full.

As it hasn't drained this would suggest a blockage somewhere.

If it's not draining at all, check the drain hose where it connects to the house drains.

If it's onto a connection, take the hose off and check the hose and the connection for a blockage.

If ok, you'll need to manually remove the water from the machine.

Take the plastic cover below the front panel off.

Put a shallow dish in front of the filter/pump cover. (Bottom, front right).

(There may be a drainage tube, if there is, use that to drain the water off).

Slacken the cap a little to drain the water.

Tighten the cap to stop the water when you need to empty the container.

Once the machine is empty of water, take the cap off.

Clean out any debris in there.

Look into the pump housing and you'll see the pump impellor.

Ensure this can turn and isn't jammed by a small piece of debris.

Remove any laundry.

Put the machine on spin only.

Look into the open pump housing to see if the pump impellor is spinning.

If all ok, refit the cap and try the machine again.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that. The hose was a bit gunged up. I cleared it out to the sharp bend above the pump with a fish tape. I tried to access the inside of the pump but the knob only rotated about 15 degrees anticlockwise with no apparent unfixing. However I tested the pump on empty only by putting in 2 litres and out came 2 litres but possibly not as vigorously as I expected.

Looks like an engineer call out to me?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

There's something in the filter jamming it and preventing you unscrewing it.

Unplug the appliance.

Have someone hold the appliance tilted rearward.

If you're lucky, you'll have an open base and not a solid one.

Take the screws holding the filter chamber in place out.

Take the chamber assembly inside the machine and out the bottom.

Drop it out the bottom into a wash basin.

Take the wires off the pump.

Take the hoses off of the chamber. (water will come out).

Now remove the debris through the hose ports until you can get the cap off.

Clean it all out.

Reassemble the appliance.

Plug it in and try again.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If the amount of teenage jewellery I found in the filter was gold, I would be a rich man.

I have three degrees and am expert in some areas of science. I know nothing about repairing faults on washing machines, but I can follow accurate and clearly articulated instructions. You gave me such instructions and the machine is fully operational once again. You are clearly an expert in your field and I take my hat off to you. Many thanks.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for coming back and letting me know how it went.

I'm glad you got it sorted out and working again.

Thank you for the kind words and praise, it is appreciated.

Good luck with the appliance.

Thanks