NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .
25067054

Rangemaster ignition

Hi, My Rangemaster cooker's ignition button has stopped working - I press it and there is no 'clicking' sound and nothing lights (the oven similarly does not light automatically when I turn the gas on). I have looked through the User Guide and checked that the power supply is Ok, the clock is set, there is no Auto setting or child lock active. Any thoughts? Gini
Thank you for using JustAnswer!
If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

When the poaer is restored as you did the clock will always come back when you reset the time.

Sounds like you need a new igniter. The igniter makes the clicking noise when turned on.
You can get replacements here at this link or call them with your complete cooker's model number.

0844 375 3 375

Mon - Fri 8AM - 6PM, Sat 9AM - 1PM
(except bank holidays)

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7351 1800.

eSpares Ltd
13-14 Chelsea Wharf
XXXXX

London
SW10 0QJ
United Kingdom

Sorry, but you cannot collect parts from this address. We're a delivery only company.

Fax: 020 7351 2429

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I take it from your answer that the igniter does not have a battery that can be replaced, as on most standard cookers. If this is the case and a completely new igniter is needed, does this have to be installed by a Rangemaster fitter or is it a DIY job?
Most local appliance techs can test your igniter and replace the defective part. This is not an unsual repair.