NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .

we have a hotpoint aquarius washing maching - model numbe WFM540

Customer Question

we have a hotpoint aquarius washing maching - model numbe WFM540 . The machine will not spin or drain and we have code that appears in the dispalay as as F-05. All lights on the dispaly are flashing
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!
If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

F05 = pressure switch jammed on full.
However fault codes do not always lead directly to the cause of the problem It could be just as easily be a blocked pressure hose, drain hose, or blocked/defective pump. Check the filter & pump first. Pressure switches do not fail that often. if not you may need a hands on tech on location with test equipment.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Neil

Where would we find the filter on this machine - I do not have a manual for the machine

Expert:  NeilWill replied 5 years ago.
Use a screw driver to remove the kick strip on the front at the bottom. Then unscrew the pump filter by rotating it anti-clock wise until it can be removed. A little water may leak form the pump. This is normal.Clean the interior thoroughly removing any visible debris.
Refit by screwing the filter into place until it reaches it's stop position. Refit the kick strip
make sure the hooks are securely in place before you push it onto the apppliance.