Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Baumatic dishwasher BDI631 is not working! The intense

Customer Question

My Baumatic dishwasher BDI631 is not working! The intense and economy lights are flashing and it bleeps. When shutting the door the pumps can be heard working. I have cleaned out all filters etc and ran water through which comes out through the drain. What should I do next?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 5 years ago.

Royzee :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Royzee :

When you open the door does the pump stop?

JACUSTOMER-1139shph- :

Yes

Royzee :

ok, but when you close the door a pump starts?

JACUSTOMER-1139shph- :

If I turn off the machine and try to set a program it bleeps and the intense and economy lights flash if I then shut the door the pump kicks in. IThe pumps carries on for about 30 seconds then stops. It sounds like it is trying to drain any water in the system but this happens even if there is no water.

Royzee :

ok

Royzee :

at the beginning of each wash the pump should come on for about 30 seconds to drain away any liquid, so that is correct

Royzee :

Can you hear a slight buzzing noise at the rear of the machine?

JACUSTOMER-1139shph- :

no, no noise

Royzee :

ok

Royzee :

Pull the machine out, turn off water, remove inlet hose. Place it in bucket and turn on water, do you have good pressure? Make sure filter in inlet valve is clear

JACUSTOMER-1139shph- :

done,sorry k longer integrated machine. inlet hose not blocked. water pressure good

Royzee :

ok and the filter in the inlet valve is clear?

JACUSTOMER-1139shph- :

yes

Royzee :

OK

Royzee :

well the likely culprit is the inlet valve not opening to let water in

Royzee :

you need to test the inlet valve for continuity. if its open circuit you will need to replace it

JACUSTOMER-1139shph- :

how do i do that?

Royzee :

you need to remove the rear kick panel and locate the inlet valve, its what the inlet hose is attached to. Make sure you turn off the water and the 240v first

JACUSTOMER-1139shph- :

ok have found it, can i test it or do i just need to replace it

Royzee :

ok, you need a multi meter to test it

Royzee :

if its open circuit it is faulty and you will need to replace it

Royzee :

see here for replacement part

Royzee :

I hope this answers your question and you click the accept button for me, if you have no further questions . Thanks, Rob