Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

Indesit washer WIB111uk Not starting. Have a red lock light

Indesit washer WIB111uk Not starting. Have a red lock light flashing fast and Rapid wash green light flashing slowly.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

There are 2 hidden lights on your machine.

You need to check and see if any of these are flashing too.

Unplug the appliance.

Take the top off.

Plug the machine in and try it.

When the lights begin flashing, look down the inside of the facia from the top.

To the left of the 2 lights on the facia are the other 2 lights.

Starting from the left, number the lights with 1 on the left.

Which numbers flash? ignore the on/off / door light.

Which electronic card did you change?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Number 1 light is flashing number 2 is not flashing These 2 lights are on the board and not showing through the facia. The crease guard is off but the rapid wash is flashing. The card that I changed was the one at the bottom of the machine. If it is of any help they also supplied a credit card (Chip) Is this a program card?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that, so out of the 4 lights, it's number 1 flashing?

Did you have the smart card reader to transfer the programme from the card to the new board?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No How do I get one
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, was the board supplied pre programmed? (Extremely unusual if it was).

If not, the smart card reader costs over £100 on it's own.

Click here for a smart card reader

Sorry, without it being programmed you won't get the machine working.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again

Have purchased smart card reader and programmed washing machine. Now ok. Have learned a lot from this job. Thanks for your help

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know how it went.

Good luck with the appliance.

Hope this helped

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.