Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Bosch Dishwasher - I think its a SM6P1B. When I start

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Dishwasher - I think its a SM6P1B. When I start a wash programme it run for just under 2 minutes and the stops, beeps and shows the "End" display.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 3 years ago.
Hi There

When it beeps, count how many times it does this and make a note of any flashing lights.

regards Tony

Thank you for using Just Answer? Please feel free to use the Green Accept button once happy with your answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It beeps 5 times. There are no flashing lights, only constant "End"light and light for the programme (ECO) that is set to run.
I'm having problems identifying your model.
Can you look on the inside of the door for the model that is etched into the chrome inner panel.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can not see any etchings on the inside of the door. There is a grey label with "Type SM6P1B" on it. Note sure if this helps but the Operating Instructions refer to 9000 481 498 (8907).

Are you able to be more precise on the location of the model details?

Well it looks like you have the right information.
Did you buy this appliance in the UK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, It was fitted by a kitchen installation company, who bought it from a company called "sinks and things. I have checked the invoice, but it does not provide and model details.
Hi There

Take a look at this site HERE
This is the sort of information we are looking for.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Found it! E-NR is SMV50E00GB/26, FD is 9009
OK thanks for that.
5 beeps would normally mean E05, this is a programmer fault.
This is not something I would like to try and fix remotely so I am sorry I can't help you.
I will have to opt out of this question.
Another expert will see your question and answer if they can.

Good luck with the appliance.

regards Tony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok Tony,

Thanks for your help and honest response.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

When it stops working, is the end light flashing?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, when it stops working the " end" light stays on constantly.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

It's not displaying an error code in that case.

Switch the appliance off.

Press and hold together the programme buttons.

While holding them, switch on.

In the row of 6 leds to the left of the buttons, counting from the left, the 4th should flash and the 5th come on steady..

Release the buttons.

Press the programme right button.

The 3rd, 4th and 5th leds should display a fault code.

Look at the leds and let me know which of 3, 4 and 5 are flashing.

Switch off.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have done as requested,and 4th light flashed and 5th came on steady, pressed right programme button, then only one LED flashed - called "Cleaning display" in operating instructions.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Which number flashed after you pressed the programme right button?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I pressed programme right button the LED that flashed indicated " Cleaning display". This LED is numbered 7 in the operating instructions, is signified by a sign that looks like a handbrush (?), and is the 8th LED along the top of the control panel from left to right. ( 1st is 9 hour timer programming LED, then 6 programme LEDs).

The LED that flashed is directly above the End display LED and to the left of the " check water supply" LED.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, leds 3, 4 and 5 as I indicated earlier are the ones you need to watch.

Did any of these 3 flash when you pressed programme right?

The service manual covers many models and doesn't show what the lights signify as they differ from appliance to appliance.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

None of the LEDs 3,4,5 flashed when I pressed programme right.

I looked again at my dishwasher, it has 5 programmes ( not six as in diagram of operating instructions).

So the LED that does flash when I press programme right is the 7th LED along the top of the control panel from left to right. ( 1st is 9 hour timer programming LED, then 5 programme LEDs, which I presume are LEDs 2-6).

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, The service manual shows that 3, 4 or 5 should flash.

Unfortunately there's no stored error code in your machine.

I had hoped to be able to retrieve a code.

However, as your machine is 2011 machine and it has a 2 year warranty (proof of purchase required) you would need to have Bosch come and repair it.

If you try to repair yourself you may invalidate the warranty.

Give Bosch a call and they should send an engineer out to sort it out.

Good luck with the repair.

Thanks