Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

hi my beko wm6143b washing machine doesnt seem to be emptying

hi my beko wm6143b washing machine doesn't seem to be emptying the filter is clear and the looks to be no obstruction it spins fine just wont drain away any water what would you say is the best thing to do next ?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Some of this you've already done but it's well worth checking it again.

First, check the drain hose where it connects to the house drains.

If it's onto a connection, take the hose off and check both the hose and connection for a blockage.

If ok, put a dish in front of the screw cap.

Slacken it a little to drain the water out.

Tighten it to stop the water when you need to empty the dish.

Once you empty the water out, fully unscrew the cap and pull it out.

Clean out the debris in there.

Look in and you'll see the pump impellor.

Ensure this can turn, turn it with a screwdriver.

There should be resistance and it then "pings" round.

Take the laundry out.

With the filter out, select a spin or drain only programme.

Look in and see if the impellor is spinning.

If it is, refit the cap.

Try the machine again.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this still doesn't seemed to of worked is there anything else i can do ?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, you need to tell me what you found when you tried it.

At the connection to the house drains?

What was in the filter housing?

Was the impellor turning manually?

Was the impellor spinning on the test?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this still doesn't seemed to of worked is there anything else i can do ? the impellor is still working well but there does seem to be a louder than normal noise when its working

i've poured water back down the hose to see if it was blocked but it all came out clear . there was still some resistence on the impellor aswell when i checked the waste pipe on the sink and hose both were clear .

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Take the hose off the connection again.

Aim it into a bucket, holding it at least 3/4 the height of the machine.

Set the machine to drain or spin.

Does it pump any water out?

Do you hear the pump running?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

rite i've just been told the rest of whats happening with the machine sorry i only got told bits when i got home from work . when the machine is on a cycle it stop after a while when it trys to pump out the dirty water my partner says it tries three times then shuts itself of mid programe . i tried what you just said and the pump seems to be running but stops when there is still some water left in the drum bottom .

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, now we are getting somewhere.

Was it pumping with good flow and pressure or was it pumping out slow?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it was pumping out slowly hardly any pressure
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, two possible causes, the drain hose is restricted/partially blocked or the pump is faulty.

Drain all the water out.

Take the filter out

Put a rag in front.

Take the drain hose off.

Clean the end of the hose.

Blow down it as hard and as long as you can.

Does any gunge come out?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that seems to of done it thank you very much . sorry for being a pain thats what happens when you ask a woman whats gone wrong with something lol ..

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know how it went.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Good luck with the appliance.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i will defo recommend this site and yourself, it was very useful thanks for all your help ..