Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Hi, My diplomat APM6855 fridge freezer isnt working properly

My diplomat APM6855 fridge freezer isn't working properly: the freezer part still seems OK, and lights + temperature indicator screen are all on, but it's not cooling.
Although the fridge temperature is set to +3, the screen indicates 'H' so the fridge is warmer than +9, but it doesn't kick in to cool.

What could cause this?

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Ok what you may find is the evaporator inside the freezer will be blocked so the cold air cannot be blown up into the fridge section. As all the cooling is done inside the freezer.

What you need to do is either a full defrost for 24 hours with the freezer door kept open and this will allow the ice to melt away.

Or take out the baskets inside the freezer section and take off the back panel. From there you will see the evaporator. Now you will need to use a hair dryer and melt all the ice away with it.

Once this is clear refit the panels and see how it goes from there.

If it does it again in say 3-4 weeks then you will have a fault on the defrost side. Either the defrost heater or the sensor in there will be faulty and will need to be replaced.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.