Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

All lights are flashing on my hotpoint aquarius washing machine What

Customer Question

All lights are flashing on my hotpoint aquarius washing machine
What could be the problem
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Hotpoint recommend you first, unplug the appliance for about 10 minutes.

Plug it back in and see if the control board resets.

Have you done this?

If not, try it now please.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, tried that but no joy.

Any other ideas?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, just to make sure, it's all the lights that are flashing?

Not just certain ones?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Fred

I've switched off again for ten minutes.

Yes, all lights were flashing. After this latest 10 minute spell all lights started flashing initially but then stopped, when I tried to start the programme again the on/off light is now flashing rapidly and the 'mini load' and 'wash enhance' lights flashing at a slower pace

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

There are 5 lights down the side of the dispenser.

Number these with 1 at the top.

Which numbers are flashing?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Light numbers 1 and 4 are flashing on the panel down the side.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

1 and 4 indicate a problem with the software on the main control board.

All lights flashing normally indicate a failure of the main control board.

Sorry, it really looks like you will need to have the main control board replaced and programmed to the appliance.

(at the very least you will need to have the software rewritten to the control board).

The most cost effective repair is to have Hotpoint come and repair it.

They do a range of fixed price repair plans that include parts and labour.

You do need to give them a call to find out about their latest prices and plans.

Sorry it's not good news or an easy fix.

Hope this is of some help

Let me know how it goes

Thanks