Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

Hi, My hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher FDL570 is displaying

My hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher FDL570 is displaying flashing lights- salt, rinse aid and wash. It starts a cycle then stops and these lights flash. Also it turns itself on and lights flash and makes a noise. Can you help please?
Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Ignoring the salt and rinse aid, the wash light flashing indicates a leak into the base of the appliance.

Unplug the appliance.

Empty the dishes out.

Pull the machine out.

Put a towel across the back at the bottom.

Tilt the machine rearward until it's nearly on it's back.

Water will drain out the rear of the appliance.

Once drained, stand the machine up and try it again.

If it starts work and faults again, let me know.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX done that and started machine up, but I didn't get any water coming out onto the towel. Am just waiting for the buttons to start flashing, I'm expecting them to as no water came out...
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

As I said, the wash light indicates the anti flood device is activated.

You won't always get a lot of water as it only takes a tiny amount to activate the anti flood device.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So far so good, usually the lights have started to flash by now. Will come back to you if they come on again but that seems to have one the trick.Many thanks for your help.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

No problem, just post here again and I'll pick up.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I change feedback to positive? I put neutral as it was too early to see if it worked & I assumed I'd be asked to give feedback again at the end?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

If you use the help button on your screen you can contact customer services.

Explain to them and hopefully they can help you.

I'll also pass it to the moderators to see if they can help.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Think I've managed I change the feedback. Sorry, it's the first time I've used this so will know how it works for next time!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

No problem.

I'm pleased that you're happy with the service.

Hopefully you won't need to make a lot of use of us.

Good luck with the appliance.

Thanks