Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi my Whirlpool Dishwasher ADP 4501/5 AAA class has done

Hi
my Whirlpool Dishwasher ADP 4501/5 AAA class has done the washing cycle but did not drain dirty water.
The green start light is flashing indicating a fault. Also it made a noise to start with which I thought was metal vibrating against metal?
Any Ideas?
Thank you
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Ok what you need to do is open the door and the start light will be flashing. Count the number of flashes inbetween the pause and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it flashes 4 times
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Ok thanks for that.

If its full of water and from what you say about the noise it sounds like the pump is jammed.

What you need to do is scoop up all the water inside the machine.

Then take off the inspection cover on the front below the door.

Then with this off you will see the drain pump infront of you.

Take this off its just a twist fitting pump so push the tab on top which you will see and twist the pump off.

Then just clear out whatever is jammed up in there.

Then refit the pump and retry the machine and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed it will be back to normal from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
we are struggling finding the tab to take the pump off, any clues please?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Ok looking at the pump from the front.

At the top in the 12 oclock position is the clip. You need to push this down and then at the same turn the pump clockwise (i think) and it will come off.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this pump is causing us major probs we can not seem to find a tab or a clip
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Can you post a picture of it and i will try and show you on it.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Ok ive found a picture so have put an arrow on the clip which you need to press graphic

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.