Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

I have a Beko DW 600 dishwasher which is about 16 months old.

I have a Beko DW 600 dishwasher which is about 16 months old. Yesterday it failed to start it's main programme, the programme was set and started in the usual way but only the drain pump ran, it runs continuously but the main pump and heater failed to start their sequence. Powering off at the mains failed to reset anthing so I am assuming that one of the control boards has packed up. Two boards seem to be listed against the machine 1 looks to be the programmer and the other looks to be the main power control board which one should I go for? Do you have any other suggestions before I start replacing components.

I would appreciate any advice you can offer.

Alan C
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

What exactly happens when you try to use the machine?

Does it take in water or do you only get the drain pump running all the time?

The sequence should be ;

Drain pump runs

Drain pump stops

Water goes in.

Wash motor starts.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Drain pump starts and continues to run until you switch the appliance off, no water taken in, no heater, no main pump.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

The most common cause of this fault is the anti flood device in the base of the appliance has been activated.

Either a spillage, due to overfoaming, or a leak.

Unplug the appliance.

Pull it out and put a towel around the rear of it.

Tilt it rearward (empty the dishes out first) about 45 degrees or so and drain the water out.

Once drained, try the machine again and see what happens.

If it does start working then revert to the pump running all the time, you have a leak.

You would need to take the panels off and watch the machine running to observe and locate the leak.

Cure the leak to rectify the problem.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks

I will have a look at that but I can't do that at present. Hopefully I can back to the issue in 2-3 hour time. How can I get back to you to confirm whether or not it has worked?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Use the link in your emails that you receive to come back here.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be back!!!

Alan C

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be back!!!

Update.. you were quite correct, the underpan of the machine was full and the float switch had been tripped. I emptied out the pan, checked the float was free to move which it was, dried everything out, cleaned filters and door seal and set it away on a hot wash cycle. All seems OK, with the lower front panel off I can see all components, there are no obvious leaks and the pan so far is dry, just one of those things I guess.

Many thanks for your help

Alan C