Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

Bosch excel dishwasher displays check water message and no

Customer Question

Bosch excel dishwasher displays "check water" message and no water is coming into the machine. Machine working fine until now and did wash ok this cycle but no water coming in for the rinse. Have disconnected inlet hose from machine and water does flow thru it ok. But when hose reconnected the same "check water" message Is displayed and no water is coming into the machine.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?

It may be faintly etched across the top of the door.

What sequence does the machine go through when you try to start a new programme?

Is the drain pump running all the time?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the E no. is SGS4 6E18GB / 73
the machine does not go through any sequence when you try to start a new programme it just continues to make the same low humming noise because the drain pump is running all the time.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

My next question was going to be asking if the drain pump was running all the time.

The pump running all the time suggests there is water in the base activating the anti flood device.

Unplug the appliance.

Take the metal panel below the door off.

Use a sponge to remove any water you find in the base.

Once the water is removed, try the appliance again.

If there's no water, let me know.

Hope this is of some help

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi - there was a plastic facia panel below the door which popped off. there are more plastic panels behind that which house the door hinge spring and mechanism that makes the door self close. I cannot see how to get those off. However because I have rocked the machine onto its back feet and lifted the front quite high off the floor a few times - it is now working - which suggests something has been moved ?? no water has come out of the back of the machine. It had 41 mins of the programme left to run and is currently counting them down and appears to be working as normal. we will let this cycle finish and try another before being certain. Tilting the machine did not cause any water to run / escape out of the back of it.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

It could be that whatever little water was under the float has moved or it can be a float in the pressure chamber.

Run the appliance, see what happens on this and the next wash.

Let me know.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the unfinished cycle completed ok. the next cycle ran full length but at the end when the "remaining toime" indicator was reading zero the pump continued to run. I will tilt the machine again to see if that stops the pump running
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

You really need to check what is going on inside the machine.

Tilt it and let me know what happens.

Thanks