Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko dishwasher which isnt washing properly - I have

I have a Beko dishwasher which isn't washing properly - I have cleaned out all aspects of the filters and the sprays, it has salt and rinse and and liquid as separate elements - there is water going into it - but just sounds odd and obviously isn't doing something! Any ideas? Thank you Kristin

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

Do you still need help with this?

If so can you post the model number please.

Also once it has filled up can you hear the water being pumped round?

If so does it sound weak?

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi, no problem about delay. The model of the dishwasher is: DE2541

It does sound as if its trying to pump the water and looking at the disher that were in there I think a little bit of water got around but not much at all....

Does this sound familiar?

Thanks

Kristin

Hi

Ok we need to know how much water is in there.

Set the machine going and once its filled up and starts washing open the door and see how much water is in there. Make sure the water level is way above the filters at the bottom and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I've done that already and it doesn't to way above the filters - but it covers the grill filter completely and I was a litte worried it was full enough to get out the door - but it didn't, but I don't think its as full as it normally would be when I have opened it when its was fully functioning..... blockage?

Regards

Hi

Ok set it going again but this time once it has filled up and washing open the door and add a jug of water so the water level comes up and close the door and see if it starts washing a lot better that way.

Let me know what happens.

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>Will do it now and come back to you and let you know..</p><p>Regards</p><p> </p><p>OK moved the machine out from the wall and thought there was definitely an improvement - at the moment it sounds as if there is more water going in - but did add some more to it. Now the heating is going on - sounds like its heating the water - but then it stops and nothing more happens..... have now left it off for a while and will see what happens when I turn it on in about an hour.</p><p> </p><p>Now it just sounds as if the heating element is heating the water over and over - and nothing more......</p>

Hi

Ok do you hear the wash motor come on and start washing?

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It did for a moment but then nothing.

Regards

Hi

Ok when it stoped was there a slight humming noise comming from the bottom of it?

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes, lots of humming

regards

Hi

Ok sounds like it may be a faulty wash motor.

If you want to try and repair yourself then you will need to pull the machine out and take off the top and the bottom plastic cover on the front under the door and the right hand side panel.

From there you will the wash motor. Take this out and make sure theres nothing jammed up in there.

If thats fine then its possible the motor is faulty. But you can try and replace the capacitor first. This is a white or sliver cylinder with a few wires going to it.

Replace this and see if this cure it. If not then the motor is proberly the cause and will need to be replaced.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards