Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

Hi. I have a Bosch WFL2067 washing machine, the motor dosnt

Hi. I have a Bosch WFL2067 washing machine, the motor dosn't run. It fills with water and will pump it out, I have checked the brushes and they are fine. Any ideas would be appreciated. Ron Mansfield.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Do you have, and can you use, a multimeter?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

Unplug the appliance.

Take the rear cover off.

Unplug the motor.

Disconnect the wires to the brushes.

Test for continuity between the carbon brush wire and the connector block.

Each wire should have continuity through to one terminal at the connector block.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. Continuity exists between each brush wire and the centre 2 terminals ie each brush wire has continuity to both of the centre terminals. Resistance between the 2 brush wires is 24 ohms one way and 8 ohms when test leads are reversed. The resistance between the centre 2 terminals on the connector block is 11 ohms.

Ron.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Ok, thanks for that.

This would suggest the motor is ok and that the problem is with the wiring between the pcb or the pcb itself.

Check the wiring between the pcb and the motor for continuity.

See what you find.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. There is a solder joint burnt out to one of the link wires on the circuit board that connects to one of the 4 relays. I will make the repair and let you know the outcome.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Good luck with it, let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. I made good the faulty link to the pcb together with one of the diodes and all seems to be working ok.

Many thanks for your help.

Ron Mansfield.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for coming back and letting me know how it went.

Really glad you got it sorted and working.

Good luck with the appliance.

Hope this helped

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.