Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

Hotpoint Ultima washing machine. Fault code F 01 appeared

Hotpoint Ultima washing machine.
Fault code F 01 appeared this morning
Have switched machine off and on,have switched socket off and on.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Since switching off and back on at the socket, has the code reappeared?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No the code has not reappeared.
Display shows cycle time.
Does not start cycle when start is pushed.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

F01 is a motor triac fault.

The triac is on the main control board.

Does the door lock light come on?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No display only shows cycle time and the wash light illuminated,door does not lock.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, it sounds like the main control board is your fault.

Try closing the door a little harder than normal to see if it locks.

If not, unplug the appliance and take the rear panel off.

The main board is bottom left when viewed from the rear.

Take the board out.

Check the wiring and plugs to it.

Check the board itself for any damage.

If all is ok, it's likely you'll need to replace the board and have it programmed to your appliance.

Check it out, see what you find, let me know.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks !!!!!!

I have tried the door,hard several times.
I will look at the main board as you suggest. Can I purchase a board preprogrammed?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

You can a refurbished one already programmed or your own one repaired.

Check www.emwelec.co.uk

They do a lot of work on the electronics for these machines.

If you send them your old board, they test it, repair it and also tell you if anything else may need changing.

The alternative is to have Hotpoint do the repair on their fixed price, parts and labour, repair scheme.

You need to call them for their latest prices and schemes. ( I think they start at £108).

Hope this is of some help

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You were correct the main board is faulty.The board is at the bottom right back of this machine and not easy to get out.I think water has got in because of its position.
The company you suggested can supply at a good price and it is ordered.