NeilWill
NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .
25067054

hi, can you tell me how much an electric aga costs to run per

Customer Question

hi, can you tell me how much an electric aga costs to run per week. thanks julie
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  NeilWill replied 3 years ago.

Customer:

Hello, Thank you for using JustAnswer! If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know. What applaince are you referring to?

Customer:

http://www.agarangemaster.com/1552.htm At this side is a guide to cost of operation of ADG appliances

Customer:

Aganomics : The Aga guide to running costs

People fall in love with Agas as much today as they ever did, but naturally they want to know how much their Aga will cost to run and whether it suits their lifestyle. With rising energy costs and changing lifestyles, these are perfectly reasonable questions.

At Aga, we’re sensitive to this, and have worked hard over many years to find ways of keeping running costs down, and continue to do so. The truth about today’s modern Aga is that it can play its part in managing the household budget, and thousands of customers have already discovered that their Aga costs no more to run than a similar conventional cooker home.

And we’ve kept up with modern lifestyles too. Almost 60% of all Agas sold today are programmable using AIMS (The Aga Intelligent Management System) – meaning that they sleep when you sleep, holiday when you holiday, and put their feet up while you’re at work - saving up to 25% on running costs.

Aga’s iconic design and proud British heritage make the brand instantly recognisable. But just like today’s lifestyles, Aga heat-storage cookers are not one-size-fits-all.

So, how much does it cost to run an Aga?
Unlike conventional cookers, it’s really important to consider the multifunctional nature of an Aga, as it does so much more than cook beautifully. It can replace a whole host of kitchen appliances, as well as warm the home – replacing one or more radiators or underfloor heating. And with programmable gas and electric models featuring AIMS (The Aga Intelligent Management System) today’s modern Aga is flexible enough to fit the lifestyle of everyone.

Every Aga

• Cooks superbly

• Looks fantastic – a stunning focal point to the home

• Warms your kitchen and beyond - making radiators unnecessary

• Provides constant, gentle warmth – driving away damp chills in your home

• Largely replaces small appliances such as kettles, toasters and microwaves

• Airs your clothes – eliminating tumble drying

• Acts as a magnet for your family and friends

• Makes sense financially

• Is environmentally responsible – made from scrap iron, has a very long life, is recyclable, and avoids the need to buy as much as £5000 of small appliances over the life of the Aga

Customer:

2 Ovens

Electric: 13 amp

165 kW*

12.50

20.63

Electric : 30 amp

227 kW

6.00

13.62

Gas (Natural)

340 kW**

3.70

12.58

Oil

40 litres

58.00

23.20

3 Ovens

Electric : 13 amp

190 kW*

12.50

23.75

Gas (Natural)

340 kW**

3.70

12.58

Oil

40 litres

58.00

23.20

4 Ovens

Electric : 13 amp

200 kW*

12.50

25.00

Electric : 30 amp

270 kW

6.00

16.20

Gas (Natural)

422 kW

3.70

15.61

Oil

51 litres

58.00

29.58

Customer:

The table below shows the typical energy consumption figures for a conventional kitchen

Kitchen Appliance

Weekly Energy Consumption

Cost per unit (pence)

Cost per week (£)

Heating (2 radiators - gas*)

140 - 280 kW

3.70

5.18 - 10.36

Other appliances

54 - 77 kW

12.50

6.75 - 9.63

Total Cost per week
(rounded to nearest 10p)

12.00 - 20.00

* Under-floor heating, as an alternative to gas fired central heating, can add a significant amount to energy costs.

In short, it doesn’t need to cost any more to run an Aga when compared to a kitchen with a conventional cooker!

Expert:  NeilWill replied 3 years ago.
<div class="JA_chatMsgAuthor"Customersays:
10:58 AM

10:59 AM

Every Aga

• Cooks superbly
  • Makes sense financially
11:00 AM

2 Ovens

Electric: 13 amp

165 kW*

12.50

20.63

Electric : 30 amp

227 kW

6.00

13.62

Gas (Natural)

340 kW**

3.70

12.58

Oil

40 litres

58.00

23.20

3 Ovens

Electric : 13 amp

190 kW*

12.50

23.75

Gas (Natural)

340 kW**

3.70

12.58

Oil

40 litres

58.00

23.20

4 Ovens

Electric : 13 amp

200 kW*

12.50

25.00

Electric : 30 amp

270 kW

6.00

16.20

Gas (Natural)

422 kW

3.70

15.61

Oil

51 litres

58.00

29.58

11:01 AM

Kitchen Appliance

Weekly Energy Consumption

Cost per unit (pence)

Cost per week (£)

Heating (2 radiators - gas*)

140 - 280 kW

3.70

5.18 - 10.36

Other appliances

54 - 77 kW

12.50

6.75 - 9.63

Total Cost per week
(rounded to nearest 10p)

12.00 - 20.00

NeilWill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Repaired appliances over seas in europe and Middle east .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
would a electric aga keep a lare kitchen warm
Expert:  NeilWill replied 3 years ago.
It actually depend on the system you install.
Expert:  NeilWill replied 3 years ago.
They do work well and save you money ! call them for details on what applies to your situation. The larger your kitchen the more you would save! Call us on 0845(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong> now. We’ll help you to make your house an AGA home.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i am looking at the 13 amp, are they easy to install.
Expert:  NeilWill replied 3 years ago.
Do you have experience in theses products?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no it will be the first time i have bought one i have someone from aga coming out next wed, but they want a sale and i need to know i am not wasting thousands of pounds . julie.
Expert:  NeilWill replied 3 years ago.
It is a good System that works. I meant do you have experience installing such a system?
because most people do not install them but have the system professionally installed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no i will have it professionaly installed. i only need it for cooking and mainly heating a large cold kitchen which will be the main thing. julie
Expert:  NeilWill replied 3 years ago.
I believe you will be staisfied. It is a good system.