Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have a BEKO WM5100W washing machine, and am unable to find

I have a BEKO WM5100W washing machine, and am unable to find the manual. It does not pump water out, but goes through the cycle, at the end water is still in machine. I found WM510W manual online. I think it is not the same model but looks very similar. what can I do to correct ?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Royzee :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Royzee :

Is there water still in the drum now? Does the machine have a filter at the bottom on the front?

Customer:

water is in the drum. There is no filter at the bottom front.

Royzee :

ok

Royzee :

It sounds like the pump is either blocked or has failed

Royzee :

you would need to locate it and check it, but first you need to get the water out

Royzee :

does the waste hose sit in a stand pipe or is it connected directly to the waste, maybe under the sink?

Customer:

is there a way to reset the washing machine using the buttons top, front ?

Royzee :

Not if the pump is blocked or failed

Customer:

waste hose is in a stand pipe

Royzee :

great

Royzee :

you need to get a low bucket or bowl

Royzee :

lower the hose along the floor into the bowl

Royzee :

the water will flow

Royzee :

raise the hose to stop the flow

Royzee :

continue till machine is empty

Royzee :

the the door will open and you can retrieve the clothes

Royzee :

Follow the waste pipe into the machine

Royzee :

Its attached to the pump

Royzee :

You need to remove this and see if its blocked

Royzee :

If it is damaged you wiull need to contact Beko for a new pump and replace it

Royzee :

It is held in with just a couple of bolts

Royzee :

Just make sure you turn off the electricity before you start

Customer:

water is not flowing into the bucket

Royzee :

Is the whole of the hose laying on the floor? Make sure its not clipped to the back of the machine

Customer:

looks like water is in the drum only

Royzee :

the waste hose must be lower than the water in the drum for it to flow

Customer:

the hose comes out of the machine on top, and it is now going directly to the ground, and I tipped the bucket so the pipe exit is only 2 inches from the ground

Customer:

nothing flowing

Customer:

it is as low as I can get it

Royzee :

The whole of the hose must be low, its no good if it comes from the top

Royzee :

According to the manual there is a filter. If you were unaware of this, it is almost certainly blocked and or damaged due to blockage

Customer:

I know about the filters, but it is not accessible externally. So, I have to take off the back of the washing machine to get at the hose and filter - right ?

Royzee :

NO

Royzee :

its at the front

Royzee :

there should be a pull of panel

Royzee :

its behind there

Customer:

Beko have the hose coming out of the top of the machine at the back

Customer:

how do I get to the filter ?

Customer:

I see no access bottom front

Customer:

OK I'll give the panel a yank

Royzee :

Yes. But to get the water to flow the hose must be unclipped and laid on the floor. The water cant run uphill unless the pump is working

Royzee :

Go here for the manual

Royzee :

Wait for the page to settle, then click the download button
This is a PDF file so you can save it or print it for future reference.

Customer:

I have the filter

Royzee :

OK

Royzee :

DONT UNDO IT

Royzee :

the water will pour out

Customer:

I know :)

Customer:

yes

Royzee :

The best way is to unclip the hose

Customer:

checked the back of the machine, and Beko have the hos coming out the top of the machine

Customer:

hos=hose

Royzee :

if you cant unclip it, then you are going to get wet

Customer:

hos is unclipped from the outside back of the machine

Customer:

but it exits the machine at the top

Customer:

I think I have to open the machine to see why the hose is at the top and can I lower the hose that way

Royzee :

Exactly. Otherwise you can try to lean the machine back, place a bowl under the filter and slowly part undo it. DONT let it come out. Tighten it when bowl is full and continue till empty

Royzee :

then the door will release and you will be able to remove the filter

Royzee :

If youve had the machine some time and never cleaned the filter it will be blocked.

Royzee :

Clean the filter and retry

Royzee :

hopefully the pump is not damaged

Royzee :

I hope this answers your question and you click the accept button for me. As by doing so I will get paid for spending my time helping you with your problem today.

Thanks

Rob

Customer:

ok - sounds like a plan ! -Thanks for the help

Royzee :

Good luck with it

Royzee :

Did you get the manual?

Royzee :

Please dont forget to click the accept button for me

Customer:

yes have the manual

Customer:

pressing now

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.