Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

My bosch dishwasher wont start and the error sign E25 comes

Customer Question

My bosch dishwasher won't start and the error sign E25 comes up. What does this mean? What can I do to fix it? Thank you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?

It may be faintly etched across the top of the inner door.

Has the machine stopped full or empty of water?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

E-nr number is: SMS50E02GB/02

The machine didn't even start. When I pressed the start button, after about 3-4 seconds, E:25 showed on the little screen and that's it.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Is the machine full or empty of water?

When you start it, do you first hear the drain pump run or do you just hear a hum?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The machine is empty of water. (It was working yesterday!)

I can hear something like the drain pump trying to run.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

Check for a blockage in the pump impellor.

Click here for the relevant page from the user manual

You have to download it to read it.

If this is ok, take the drain hose off of the connection to the house drains and check both the hose and the connection for a blockage.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I've downloaded the page so I'll try and do what you suggested. I may be sometime.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

No problem.

I'm off out to meetings for the rest of the day.

Just post when you can and let me know how you get on.

I'll pick up again when I get home.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It seems to have worked although there didn't appear to be any blockage or food waste in the drain? Hope it's fixed now. Thanks.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.