Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi we have beko 642w washing machine, it is stuck on spin/end,

Customer Question

Hi we have beko 642w washing machine, it is stuck on spin/end, have tried switching off/on it starts drain pump then nothing, assume it is circuit board, is this available to buy? I am quite competent and would be able to fit myself. thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Can you post the rest of the model number please.

There should be some letters infront of the number you posted.

Also is it draining the water out ok?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
wma 642w
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Ok lets see the error code.

To do this turn the dial to the 90 deg cotton cycle.

Then turn the washer off.

Then press and hold the start button and then turn the washer on.

Keep the start button held in till the start light is flashing then let go.

Now look at the 3 ligths at the bottom ready, wash and spin lights.

Let me know which lights are lit or not and which is flashing.

But you need to make a note of this as it will only show you the once.

Then turn the washer back off again.

Let me know what happens.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi tried several times but start button will not flash, onlyspin/end light stays on with srart button light also on.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Ok press and hold the start button in for several seconds and see if this cancels the cycle out.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Holding in the lit start button nothing changes, the drain pump runs for afew turns, if left for about 15minutes the pump will run occasionally and eventually the start button lght will flash and then ready light will be on as well as spin/end.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Ok just retry this again and see what happens. As this should bring up the error code.

Then turn the washer off.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ready and spin/end lights flashed and now only start is flashing
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Ok its not letting you into test mode so the only thing that can cause this is a faulty control board im afraid.

And these are quite easy to replace really.

You need to take off the top.

Then pull out the dispenser drawer and take off the front control panel.

Then you can take off the old board and fit the new board into place.

As to the part click here for the board

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your help, except as the lights on the ready and spin/end have gone out and the start button was flashing, I turned off the machine turned to mini 30 wash and switched on, it went to ready so have pressed start and it has taken in water to start cycle, could this be cured ?????
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Possibley. It may have just need a reset on the board.

As its going now on the 30 min wash just keep an eye on it and see how it goes from there.

Fingers crossed it may be back to normal now.

Regarsd

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
BUT then nothing happened, so went through your process again but wanted to drain so moved dial to drain and held start as i switched on oooh aaah all lights flashing,so have put back onto mini wash to see what happens......water has drained and is now refilling.....left for 10mins nothing happening...just wash light and start light on...looks like board job?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Is the drum turning at all during the cycle?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Ok might be worth just taking the motor off first and checking the carbon brushes at the back of the motor.

Take them off and check them. If they have worn right down low then they will need to be replaced.

As carbon brushes can sometimes cause starnge faults on these machines aswell. So worth checking them first and seeing what they are like.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX theres work to do before rushing out for a new machine, will I still have communication withyou if I press payment button, or do I wait till Im fixed? shame your not near w12 you could fix it...? had electrician in to check sockets and consumer board, he did not realize the sockets were not on rcd and tried on his multimeter to short the circuit to test the rcd even though I said it was not on rcd, could that have shocked the board on machine?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Yes you still come back to me any time even after pressing the accept button.

I dont think what the electrician may have caused this.

But check the brushes out and see what you find.

Regards

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help, I have replaced brushes and everything is working fine, except the motor is now quite whiney but will live with it for now,

Thanks again.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Glad to hear its working now.

As to the noise they are always like this when you replace the brushes. Its just the new brushes bedding in so after a few washes it will be back to normal then.

Regards