Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

we have a Zanussi ZWD12270W, which is having problems. When

we have a Zanussi ZWD12270W, which is having problems. When we set a wash cycle the machine starts up, sounds like it is trying to let the water in, then reverts to a buzzing sound, two clicks and then the play/pause button starts flashing. No error message and no water intake.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

The first thing to check is to see if there is a stored error code.

Does your machine have a time display?

or

Does it only have leds?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to us. The machine has a digital lighted time display.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

Turn the appliance on, any programme except the 1st one.

Close the door.

Wait 1 minute.

Press and hold the start/pause button and the button immediately to the left of it together.

You should get an error code displayed.

Let me know the code.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ed4

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

ED4 indicates a fault with the dryer pcb, wiring or main pcb (control board).

In many cases a fault with the dryer heater element can cause this.

Unplug the appliance and take the top off.

On top of the tub is the heater assembly.

At the rear of it are the connections to the element.

Label these wires according to the connection they go onto.

Push the drum down and forward.

Pull the wires off of the heater element.

Insulate the wires and tape them back into the wiring loom out of the way.

Refit the top and try the machine again (not on dryer as this won't work).

If the washing machine side starts working then replacing the dryer heater element may well cure the fault.

Check it out, see what happens.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Fred, thanks for that - i will try this when i get home from work and write back to you with status report in the morning and hit the "accept answer" once i have no more follow-up questions. Cheers!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

No problem, let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Morning Fred

Have not been able to get the washing machine out from under the boiler - will have to call in helping hand from a friend this weekend, but thank you for your answer, which i'll try out once i get the machine moved. I'll send the payment now.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

No problem.

Thank you for the payment, it is appreciated.

If you find you still need help on this problem, just come back to this thread and post again.

I'll continue helping as best I can.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Brilliant. Much better service than most "live" shops!