Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi I have a Neff K59 american fridge freezer. Serial number

Customer Question

Hi

I have a Neff K59 american fridge freezer. Serial number K5930DOGB. |None of the buttons on teh control panel are responding. At the bottom of the panel it says 'sabbath' which I have not seen before and cannot find in the instruction book. Help - I need to get the panel and the ice dispensor working!
thanks
Adrian
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi
Are you still looking for help with this?
If you are can you give me the Enr from the data plate

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob

The enr is K5930D0GB/01 and the fd number is XXXXX

I have tried every combination of pressing and holding buttons on the front panel and there is no response to anything. I rang the Neff customer service line and they gave me the instructions to turn off the sabbatical mode - something I had already tried.

The front panel distinctly says sabbath at the bottom and the instructions manual make no reference to this. The water, ice dispenser, water light and door open alarm sound are all disabled and the front panel is not responding so it is defiantely a sabbath mode.

regards

Adrian

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi

Just to be sure they gave you the correct way to turn sabbath mode off

Simultaneously press "options" button and "+" selection button for at least 5 seconds..

If this doesn't work, unplug the machine for 30 minutes and try it again, repeating the above if necessary

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob

I am sorry but I tried that last night and it is still firmly stuck in sabbath mode.

Do you have any other suggestions?

regards

Adrian

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Adrain

Well, unfortunately it sounds like you have a bad control board.
This should have reset it for you.
Unfortunately its not listed at any spares house so you would need to get it direct from Neff.
I suspect this is going to be expensive and you may well want to consider getting Neff to come and do this work for you to be sure they do this correctly

Thanks

Rob